Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A skirt is finished

Hi all,

I have finished another of the projects I had on my finish along list for this quarter.

Skirt

This is a skirt that I started last summer and never got around to finishing. I needed to add the zip, finish the waist band and hem.

Skirt 1

It looks a bit boxy here but it looks okay on. I wore it last weekend with black tights and ballet flats.

Skirt 2 
It has a couple of pleats at the front as well as pockets. The fabric makes it a bit hard to see the details. It is just some patchwork fabric that I bought at spotlight when they had one of their sales.

Skirt 3 
The back is nothing special, just some darts and a part in the hem.

It was quite an easy skirt to make, the zipper instructions were a bit hard to understand and I think that is why I stopped last time. But I might make this skirt again one day, although I tend not to make the same things over and over.

Bye for now, Jess

5 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

The skirt looks great and I'm sure itis lovely to wear. Well done with the zipper. I have never in my life sewn a sipper in a garment. Congratulations on another finish!

Susan said...

Great skirt! The fabric is lovely! Zippers in clothing are quite different to those in pouches! This pattern would look good in a heavier winter fabric too! Good job!

prsd4tim2 said...

Oh, such a cute skirt! I love paisleys and the fabric has such great colors. Well done!

Janet said...

I love your skirt and good for you finishing it. If you make it again, it'll go twice as fast.

Wendyb said...

Just love paisley Jess, so I can imagine this would look beautiful on! Good job for finishing it...well worth it!
xox sugary hugs