Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pouches

Hiya,

On Friday I had a fantastic day, did a bit of washing and then decided to sew! The housework would still be there tomorrow, and the next day and the day after that too! I tell you with 2 boys and a dirt driveway I am fighting a losing battle, but that really is another story.

Pouches lined up

My youngest fella’s kindy teacher is leaving next week to spend time with her mum and take her on a trip, I know it has only been one term but he really connected with her and she is so great with the kids. So I decided to make her something. Her pouch is the floral one and I am going to put some mini travel things in there for her.

Pouches open

The inside lining. These are the best pouches I have ever made, usually my zip is yucky but not with these. The tutorial is one from Noodlehead – called Wide Open Zippered Pouch.

Pouches Linen

I really love this one, made with linen fabric it just sits a bit nicer. I will have to get some heavier interfacing for future cotton pouches.

Pouches in a row

Yesterday I went to sewing day and had a great time. I will show you pics of the next couple of blocks that I have just finished for the Afternoon Delight quilt very soon.

blog signature

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Love all of these pouches Jess - I have bookmarked this tutorial to try out sometime too.

Susan said...

Your pouches are great! (I must have another go at these!) Your fabric choices are perfect! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Afternoon Delight too!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Jess these look great! I've pulled some fabric to make one for a gift this week - great minds?

Anonymous said...

And I am the lucky person to have received the beautiful zipper pouch that is in the middle, the one Jess liked the best.
Thank you so much for my gifts, made my week
Hugs

Mara said...

I love the pouches, the cleaning is never done with kids around, I have pretty much given up on my floor ever being clean again.

Oops-Lah said...

Lovely bags, I'm sure the kindergarten teacher will be touched to get such a thoughtful gift. And yes you are absolutely right; the housework won't go anywhere, so why not indulge in a spot of sewing ;).