Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Last Finish for 2012

Hi all,

I actually finished putting the binding on a few days ago but didn’t get to take some photos until yesterday…

My finished quilt front

This is my How For Will You Go? QAL quilt!

Quilt stats
Size – 65” x 80”
Pattern – HFWYG?QAL
Fabrics – Ruby, Flea Market Fancy and Bella Feather
Quilted by – Me! In an all over stipple

My finished quilt back

Improv stacked coin backing…I used all my left over fabric and only have small pieces left now!

My finished quilt back 2

One strip in the backing was a bit short so I slashed it and added in a block I had made from the leftover triangles. And on a couple of the other strips I made a feature of the selvages.

My finished quilt rollup

The ever popular roll up shot LOL

Page break

Just a little reminder - This is what is left to do for the QAL - 4th January: Binding your quilt
11th January: Link up your finished quilt.
18th January: Prize winners announced.

For links to all the tutorials go here.

And for a run through of the categories and prizes go here.

It is not too late to make something…be it a pincushion, coasters, pot holder or even a mini quilt (use your imagination) to go in the 3rd category of Small Quilted Item. You could try for a throw quilt if you have made some of the blocks and don’t think you can finish the twin size.

Enjoy the ride!

blog signature

6 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Your quilt turned out absolutely stunning. And the back is like a second quilt. Did you quilt it on your SIL's long arm quilting machine? Wow, now I really have to get going with my few blocks, if I'm going to make the dead line!!

Charlotte said...

it's fantastic!!!

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

It's so beautiful!!

Kirsten said...

So beautiful - love the back too!

Anonymous said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully. I love the back - gorgeous.

FarahLin said...

It's so pretty!!! Love the backing too!