Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ironing on the go!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to show you this cute ironing mat that folds up into a bag…

P1020901

I have the cutest little tiny iron (it does steam too!) but I haven’t been able to use it because I didn’t have an ironing mat!

The idea with these is that you don’t have to get up and walk all the way over to the big ironing board every time you sew two pieces of fabric together…is that lazy or what?!

Mum has a mat that she made in a class and I could have copied that but where is the fun if we all have the same! I saw a picture for this one in a magazine ad and thought I would try to replicate it!

P1020905

My mat has a layer of Thermoflec, Insulbright, cotton batting and then the fabric. The trick is how it folds up around the iron to turn it into a carry bag…I love the all in one idea!

P1020903

This will be perfect to take to classes, retreats and sewing days! And I will be using it at home too!

blog signature

10 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Now that it a seriously clever idea!

SandyN said...

Wow I love it.. I have the same iron. Where did you get the pattern...

SAndyn

Kristy QP said...

That is a really clever idea! Looks so cute too!

Anonymous said...

How great, still waiting to hear from Claire, I will send her another email.

Sheila said...

It looks wonderful - what a great idea.
Is the pattern available or did you create it yourself?

barcord said...

clever idea.....:-)

Narelle said...

Cool! Pretty and usefull :)
It almost matches your blog background too.

Deidre said...

I have brought that pattern too. Hoping to make it up tomorrow. Should have made it at retreat!!!! Where did you buy the silver lining from? I got a piece with the pattern but would like to make a couple but can't find anyone who sells the silver fabric. Might have to buy an ironing board cover and cut it up!!!!.

krisgray said...

Cute and useful - love it!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

That is awesome! I don't have an excuse to make one unfortunately, but I love the idea.