Sunday, March 18, 2012

Swaps and Bees

Hi all,

So far this year I have only joined in on one swap and now I have joined a bee…

This is the results of the Name Game Swap -

DSCF2261

This is the quilt I made for my partner who blogs at Piecing Light. I got the plus design from the Modern Blocks book and just extended it to the size I wanted.

DSCF2264

The letters are raw edge applique and the font is my new fav “Cafe Rojo”. I used it on the eyechart mini too.

This is the quilt I got -

DSCF2362

Made for me by Marissa in Florida USA – no blog that I know of. Very exciting getting a parcel from overseas!

I joined a Bee with a facebook Aussie quilting group, there are a few girls I already know (via blogging) so I already feel at home!

DSCF2364

This dresden plate is for Jane. Jane is going to put the plates on the backing fabric herself and finish the middle circle too! I can’t wait to see this quilt finished!

I have a few other things to show you but I am waiting for the rain to go away so I can get some decent photos!

blog signature

4 comments:

Janet said...

Youd made a great quilt for the swap and recieved a lovely one in return. The dresden looks exciting.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What an interesting dresden plate. I'd love to see the finished product. What cute mini quilts, too.

Oops-Lah said...

Love both the quilt you made and the one you received. Such fun ideas. And I also really like the Dresden plate; I doo can't wait to see this quilt together.

Elyte said...

Lovely work Jess. Don't you love it when the surprises arrive in the mail?
That dresden plate is a real eye catcher. Great colours.