Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Playtime!

Hi all,

Since it is November already….were is the year going?….I thought I’d better get my block done for October in the Bee in Oz.

November 2011 002

This is so nice and bright. Linda is making these 16” blocks into quilts for charity.

November 2011 005

This block is for a sampler quilt I am making from Where the Wind Blows fabric. The pattern for this one is from Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks magazine volume 2.

November 2011 007

This one for for the same quilt, and the pattern is from Quiltmaker’s 100 blocks magazine Volume 3.

I have also been working on my Colour Block Placemats and Napkins…

November 2011 008

This is the Napkins. I am using DS Quilts fabric for everything except the white, which is from the Sunkissed range.

November 2011 012

Now I need to get to work on the placemats.

And finally, yesterday mum and I had a bit of a sewing day.

November 2011 015

I made pyjama’s. I used a bit of left over knit from making baby things when TP was born 6 years ago. It has embroidered teddies on it. And finished off the cotton pants with some ric-rac.

Mum worked on a dress for me that I cut out a while ago but my machine refused to sew the fabric….her’s had no problem with the fabric so obviously it is my machine – very frustrating. Anyway, I will model the dress when it is finished…..I don’t know if you should look forward to that! haha

blog signature

3 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Great post with lots of lovely projects on the go. Yes, I'm also baffled that we have November already. Did I not just write all those Christmas cards??? I can't believe I have to do it again so soon ;). Have a happy Melbourne Cup Day!

Janet said...

It's November and I just had to write the date out, it's 1.11.11, an auspicious day indeed. I love the little blocks and the placemats are so lovely. I've never made pj's, yours look great, maybe I could try make the kids some pants and buy the tops.

Wendyb said...

I'm a bit behind the times Jess, but good to catch up on your blogpost.....you are a busy beaver and have some lovelies on the go! We WILL look forward to seeing your new dress too btw!!!!!
xx sugary hugs
Wendy :O)