Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mish Mash .... A bit of this, a bit of that!

Hi all,

The sewing front here has not been very busy. Although I have finished another block from Homespun's BOM.

I have 3 more blocks to do, if I want to play catch up this month! Hmmm, I think I'll aim for 1 more this month. I have also been working on a couple of other stitcheries while watching TV after the littles have gone to bed.

This is my one and only contribution to the artistic photo world......

I quickly shot these "pencil shavings flowers" when TP was sharpening pencils a few days ago. I had a lot of trouble with the camera not focusing. (I think it has sand in it! oops!)

We (I mean Hubby) have been doing a lot of tidying up on our little patch of paradise. We have 10 acres of bush so we just try to keep clean around the buildings most of the time, but the weather is cooling off so it is a lovely time to be working outdoors.

Future environmentalists (aka tiny tree huggers)!

The mandarin tree is loaded this year - must be all the rain we've had!

This has been a bit of a mish mashy post, but isn't that life in general!

Be Happy,
Jess

PS. Mum and I are going to a Monica Poole trunk show at Patchwork Angel on Wednesday night! Should be fun! I'll let you know how it goes next time, bye!

2 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Your mandarin tree looks very lushes; when can you start picking the fruit? Must be soon. And what a cute picture of your "tree huggers"

Alison Gibbs said...

Great photos. Love the pencil sharpenings one nearly as much as the 'tree huggers'.